About Our Practice
People from around the world come to experience the expertise of our Dentists here at the Center for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry. Our office was established in 1999 right here in Destin, Florida. With the hard work of Dr. Lichorwic, and his team, we were able to open a second location in Panama City in 2010. Our office is one of the nation’s leading with more than 70 years of experience combined amongst our five dentists. We are able to provide same day dentistry, specialize in cosmetic veneers and implant surgery, we are an elite provider for Invisalign®, and deliver many more services.
We are a team of dedicated professionals passionate about providing the highest quality dental care with exceptional service in a comfortable relaxing environment. Our goal is to exceed our patient expectations at every level. We will continually raise the standard of our dental services to become and maintain ourselves as headers in our community and our country.
- Honesty- Be honest with our patients, team members, and yourself. If you don’t know something, it’s okay to say, “I don’t know, but I will find out”.
- Respect- Treat our patients and team members with the same respect you want to be treated with.
- Accountability- Do what you say you are going to do. If something goes wrong or is forgotten, it’s okay. Do not play the blame game.
- Compassion- Our first priority is our patients, so let them know you care about them. Be sensitive to their concerns.
- Courage- Be brave. Don’t be afraid to be honest with our patients and team members, even when it involves something they don’t want to hear.
- Personal growth- Be a student of the industry. Challenge yourself to learn new things both at work and in your personal life.
- Quality Communication- Be an active listener. “Seek first to understand before being understood”. Make sure the patients comprehend what you are saying. Keep them engaged by asking things like, “Does that make sense to you?” Watch their body language.
- Excellence- Be the best that you can be every single day. Life is short.
Dennis Lichorwic, DMD
Dr. Dennis Lichorwic, DMD was born in Cleveland, Ohio, received his Bachelor of Science from Syracuse University, his dental degree from the University of Florida’s College of Dentistry, and is a graduate of the world renowned Dawson Academy for Advanced Dental Studies. Dr. Lichorwic’s passion is improving smiles with conservative cosmetic procedures. He believes a beautiful smile is an important social asset, as it can increase confidence and have a positive impact on overall appearance and personality. Read More
Dr. Julia Skinner, DMD
Dr. Julia Skinner is a practicing dentist at The Center for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry serving residents in Destin, Panama City, Panama City Beach, and across the Emerald Coast.
Raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. Skinner earned a BS degree in Biology, a BSES degree in Entomology, and a BSA degree in Environmental Science from the University of Georgia in Athens. She received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the prestigious University of Florida in Gainesville. Over the last several years, she has participated in three mission trips providing dental care to impoverished villages across Central America that have no access to medical treatment. Read More
Dr. Stephanie Baya, DMD
Dr. Stephanie Baya is an associate dentist at The Center for Cosmetic and Family dentistry, practicing at both our Destin and Panama City Beach dental offices. A true local and a second-generation dentist, Dr. Baya graduated from Niceville High School and went on to get a BS in Microbiology and Cell Science at the University of Florida. She then received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Florida’s College of Dentistry. Read More
Dr. Ashley Dubois, DDS, FICOI
Ashley Dubois, a native of the Emerald Coast, is passionate about serving the community at both the Destin and Panama City Beach Centers for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry. She obtained a BS degree in Microbiology and Cell Science from University of Florida and a Masters degree in Medical Sciences from University of South Florida. Dr. Dubois graduated with her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the prestigious New York University in Manhattan, New York. Read More
Dr. Cynthia B. Perone, DDS
Dr. Cynthia Blendermann Perone DDS received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the College of Saint Benedict, her dental degree from the University of Minnesota and is a graduate of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry from the United States Air Force’s prestigious program at Eglin Air Force Base. Dr. Perone is passionate about the entire patient experience. From the moment you are her patient, you will receive world class care. Read More